Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken

This is my kids favorite meal. I make this sauce for chicken as well as meatballs, but you could use it for any sweet and sour dish.

Sauce:
1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup white vinegar
2 cups sugar
3 T. soy sauce
3 T corn starch (I don't use all the corn starch if my chicken or meat is breaded. I cut it in half)

I buy breaded chicken from the deli and place in a cooking dish. Pour as much sauce as you like over it and bake on 350 until done (usually 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.) Serve over rice or ham fried rice.

If you don't have breaded chicken, you can bread your own by cutting up your chicken and dipping in egg then flour. Fry in a small amount of oil until golden brown.
Enjoy!!!
Sorry I didn't take a photo last night when we made it. I will add one next time I make it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I am totally going to make this this week. Thanks for using our blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so I made this and it was a total hit. My new thing is to make new things for my family. I did about half of the chicken store bought and breaded and the other half not and I breaded it myself and used just white rice and they loved it. Definitely going to do it again...

    ReplyDelete