Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!!!

This cookie recipe is a family favorite. I have recently become obsessed with making these cookies at least twice a month. They are delicious, and we all have put our own spin on the recipe in order to make it even more delicious. I will post the original recipe, along with the adjustments that people have made.
*I have to let you all know that Matt is very upset with me for posting this recipe. He thinks that we could make a fortune selling these cookies, and he wants to keep the recipe a secret. Honestly, I think we got the recipe off a package of chocolate chips, but who knows. Sorry baby . . . the secrets out.*

Original Recipe:
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 square butter flavored Crisco
6 tsp. water
*Mix this all together until it is creamy.

Keep mixer going while you add the following ingredients.
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
*Scrape the sides before adding flour.

3-4 cups of flour - add slowly 1/2 cup at a time with mixer running the whole time.
Milk Chocolate Chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Makes about 3-4 dozen.

*Cooking time could depend on your oven. My cookies are really soft when I pull them out of the oven, but I let them cool immediately after cooking on a wire rack.

Mandy's variations:
I add 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup of brown sugar instead of 3/4 cup.
I cut the flour down to 2 1/4 cups. The cookies are much thinner and stay soft longer.
(Matt loves them this way)

Trish's variations:
Trish uses all brown sugar instead of 1/2 and 1/2.

2 comments:

  1. love love love these cookies.... don't vary except for the flour. they make awesome cookies...love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these! I have been craving them since the baptism!

    ReplyDelete