Monday, March 8, 2010

Cake Pops


Very Easy Dessert -

Pick your favorite cake ( I did chocolate and lemon for these )

1.Follow the directions and bake the cake.
2. Let cake cool completely
3. Add 1 - 1 1/2 cups frosting
4. Mix in with the cake using a fork ( or wash your hands and use your fingers )
5. Make a batter - kind of like play dough. but it needs to be farely cakey not so much gooey.
6. Freeze for a little while just until its set up enough that you can take a mini ice cream scoop - or a cookie scoop I guess is what it is, and scoop out balls.
7. Freeze
8. put sticks in ( however if your freezer has room I'd put the sticks in first - then freeze )
9. Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkles
10. let set up ( you may need to put back in fridge )


You have to kind of work fast so the melted chocolate doesn't cool, I do about 10 at a time for this reason.

I think a few other good flavors to try would be carrot cake and cream cheese frosting, or strawberry cake and strawberry frosting - just a few ideas
Go to Bakerella.com ( I think - it could be a blogspot? ) for more ideas and probably better directions

1 comment: